Friday 2 November 2012

November bead soup palette





As it's my birthday in november, I wanted to use some of my favourite colours in this monthly mix: purple and copper. To create some variation I opted for more turquoise/blue hues instead of my favourite greens.

Cyclamen opal satin is an interesting colour from Swarovski that I've shown on this blog before. Uncoated, it's a sort of lilac pink that those who dislike pink might not like, but add a satin finish and it becomes a gorgeous purple (unless backlit). Cassiopeia is another nice colour I've mentioned before here, made from a turquoise-teal-aqua-emerald-amethyst hurricane glass. The different colours are easier to spot in the larger size of daggers, as you can see here (though that's a tricky bead to find now).

Old rose ox is a type of copper plating that's similar, but not identic, to antiqued copper-plate. In the photo below I made a variation using matte metallic copper fire-polished glass beads instead.




This mix works without the copper tones too and as such it can be used with silver coloured or oxidized/gunmetal/black findings as well as with copper findings. Below you can find a "copper free" bonus palette with the same blue(ish) seeds as above.



2 comments:

  1. This must be the most beautiful mix this far. Cyclamen opal satin is one of my favourites. I've never combined it with copper and blues.

    ReplyDelete

A few words can mean so much. Thank you for taking the time to comment!

PS! Feel free to email me if you don't want to comment publicly -- look under Contact (under the header)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...