Sunday 27 May 2012

Strawberry blossom and columbine



Haven't blogged much lately due to work, but of cause the heat has also been a reason I've not been much online. It's already Sunday evening (if you call anything after 18.00 evening: it's still as sunny and bright outdoors as if it was noon) and I feel like I haven't done half the things I wanted to do this weekend. The only thing I've really done was to finally try and prepare a decoupaged fabric scrap to bead/embroider on. Of cause I'm using one of those (decoupage) glues that have to dry for 24 hours and then be heat set so I haven't been able to begin the actual embroidery yet. Some techniques just have to involve a lot of sitting around and waiting -- and I want some instant satisfaction projects right now to get my creativity flowing.

Anyway, beacause of that I'm taking five minutes just to write a little something here and show two pics from the latest photo sessions. Many flower photos as usual, but I'm ending up just editing and showing two this time: strawberry blossom and columbines. (We have so much columbine -- it spreads so fast! -- but, alas, only two varieties: this double pink one and a dark blue variety.)




 I also made an altered image of the columbine photo, adding a somewhat different mood to it and almost a kind of dusky light.




Funny -- it just now struck me that the title could be poetic. It's almost like the song from Lud-in-the-Mist. "Strawberry wire and columbine." *googles the full lyrics for the refrain* Ah, yes:

     With lily, germander, and sops in wine, 
      With sweet-brier, 
       And bon-fire, 
        And strawberry-wire, 
         And columbine.

2 comments:

  1. These poetic flower pics and the lyrics made me start beading Spring flowers at last. My guide is The Beader's Floral by Liz Thornton and Jill Devon. A lovely book with that special English cottage garden feel. Good instructions even for those who are at the beginning of their beading path. I hope you have time to relax and enjoy all these flowers in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad the post could be of inspiration to you. I've heard good things about that book, especially on UK Beaders, and it's on wishlist. If I ever get around to buying it (i.e. have to budget to buy it), it sounds like a good book to review on my blog.

      Delete

A few words can mean so much. Thank you for taking the time to comment!

PS! Feel free to email me if you don't want to comment publicly -- look under Contact (under the header)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...