Monday 7 November 2011

Recipe: Super-simple white chocolate fudge



It's a grey Monday so why not brighten up the day with some chocolate? For more chocolate, check out my other recipes too.

This easy-to-make treat is somewhere between a chewy chocolate truffle and soft fudge. In the original recipe, which I found here, chopped gummi bears are added. I've never used that myself. The first time I made this fudge, I added dried blueberries in half and kept the rest plain. Once I added shredded coconut (as seen in the pic above). Next time I'll probably add lemon flavouring and perhaps also some liquorice. In other words: stick with the plain recipe or just add anything you like. Chocolate morsels, nuts, nougat -- anything.


340 gram white chocolate
1½ dl sweetened condensed milk ( ½ jar)
½ pinch salt
¼ teaspoon vanilla sugar



1. Line a 20 x 20 cm pan with baking paper.

2. Chop the chocolate and melt in a glass bowl in a water bath. (The water should simmer, but not boil.)

3. Stir in the condensed milk and salt.

4. Add vanilla sugar and any additional ingredients of your choice. Stir well.

5. Pour into the pan and let cool in the fridge for about 2 hours.

6. Cut the fudge into squares using a knife or scissors.

The fudge will last up to two weeks if stored cold and covered.



Tip #1: I know vanilla sugar isn't common worldwide -- the same way vanilla extract isn't common in Sweden. You can easily make your own [it's pretty much vanilla seeds or vanilla aroma mixed with powdered sugar] or substitute with vanilla extract. You can't always substitute the two, but in this case it should be fine. One teaspoon vanilla sugar equals one pinch of vanilla extract, according to Dr. Oetker.

Tip #2: You can also melt the chocolate in your microwave oven, there is a risk the chocolate will cool before the batter is completely mixed. Don't add all the condensed milk at one time as it will cool the chocolate too fast, but once added work quickly so the chocolate doesn't harden before all the ingredients are added.

13 comments:

  1. What a wonderful receipe, I will certainly do this!!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, hope you'll enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy. Thanks for the recipe and the tips too.
    -Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds tooo good this morning! Have you ever considered adding in a splash of flavored liquor? White fudge with some Chambord Blackberry liquor sounds pretty yummy ;-) Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! Liqour sounds like a yummy idea. Must try that sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow sonds delious i am going to make it hope it turns out good

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow i wrote another comment befor i made it and it will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made this! It was delicious. Thank you for sharing the recipe! (My boyfriend thanks you too. He loved it, maybe even more than I did, and he's not normally a chocolate lover.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad to hear the recipe was appreciated!

    It's almost christmas so it's probably about time I make another batch for myself soon. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yammy!This is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love white chocolate! I'm sure I'll love this. But I'm not going to chop any bears...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I tried this fudge with chopped dried blueberries. Simply a treat, but next time I'll use the berries as they are. Anna

    ReplyDelete

A few words can mean so much. Thank you for taking the time to comment!

PS! Feel free to email me if you don't want to comment publicly -- look under Contact (under the header)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...