Sunday 17 April 2011

Daffodils


The daffodils are beginning to bloom. These are planted next to a wall facing south, the rest -- in the lawn, along other walls, in the flowerbeds -- are still just budding. With easter being so late this year, the daffodils are just in time for the holiday.


And a close-up. It was a bit windy today, making it hard to take pics as the flowers aren't still. So I don't have that many photos. Besides, the best pics are yet to come when all the daffodils in the lawn bloom.

And what happened when I was sitting there in front of the daffodils, back against the world? Why, Mimi suddenly appeared. Being in one of her cuddly moods, she still soon abandoned me to investigate the scent around us: while focusing on the daffodils I'd forgotten the chives and crushing their hollow stalks, they released a somewhat intense aroma.



4 comments:

  1. I love daffodils. They are such happy flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they really make you smile, don't they. Yellow isn't my favourite colour, but it's hard to deny that it's brimming with energy and happiness when it's as bright and crisp as it is in daffodils. They reflect even the smallest beam of sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is informativ and the photos, both of jewellery and nature are amazing!
    With best greetings and wishes from Lower-Austria:
    Uli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I'm so glad to hear you like my humble little blog.

    ReplyDelete

A few words can mean so much. Thank you for taking the time to comment!

PS! Feel free to email me if you don't want to comment publicly -- look under Contact (under the header)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...