Thursday 27 January 2011

Re-designing the blog


If the blog looks a bit odd right now it's because I'm in the middle of giving it a much needed make over. The bead soup party became my motivation to do something about it, rather than procrastinate because it's a bit of an ordeal to fix it: it's like a game of domino where one brick sets of a long and winding reaction so you have to deal with new deatails all the time.

At the moment, I'm not sure if the background works, whether the layout is correct or if something looks wonky depending on your choice of browser and/or resolution. I'm not even sure that I'll keep these colours or my handmade background (even if you can't tell, it does have a pattern in it).

So please have patience with me while I'm working on this -- and all always all feedback is very welcome. Is there something not working? Are the colour of the links too similar to the text colour? Is the background or template just pure uglyness? Or do you like the new style? Feel free to let me know! If you don't want to write it publicly in a comment below, just e-mail me. You can find my contact info here.


UPDATE: After the teal came the rust and olive -- and now I'm on my third background. Not sure which I prefer. Perhaps I have to scrap the pic under the headline so it doesn't clash?


Picture source: animated clipart from Webweaver.

2 comments:

  1. I saw your intro on the BSP Yahoo group. How cool that an idea that has been in my head for a while is here in pictures - I thought of etching my not-so-favorite beads also. I'm glad I got to see some of your results. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes, you should definately try and etch your beads -- it can make such a difference. And it's fun just to see how a small detail like that can alter the whole look of a bead.

    I've got some new etched onyx pendant I'll show on the blog sometime soon, by the way.

    ReplyDelete

A few words can mean so much. Thank you for taking the time to comment!

PS! Feel free to email me if you don't want to comment publicly -- look under Contact (under the header)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...